Friday, May 20, 2011

Current House Status Update - Week 2

We received a text Sunday morning from our Realtor stating that another agent has a potential buyer interested in seeing the house.  So we tidied up the house and took off for a few hours.  A few days later we received some feedback from our Realtor, which is nothing that surprised us.  However, anytime you receive negative feedback - it hurts.  Especially, after you spent so much time and money to fix up the house. 

There is one issue that is out of our control - our neighbors on the right and left - lets just say to be nice have let their house and property go.  The one neighbor has never cut their grass and we believe they are hoarders and the other neighbor cuts the grass about once a month and the backyard has a wooden playground set that has fallen down and the grass has never been cut.  We filed a complaint with our borough, but nothing has changed.  We don't know what to do next and it is soooo out of our control and it is driving us nuts.

Thursday was local Realtor tour #2 - so we tidied up the house and took off for a few hours.  We returned home to find out "no show" again.  Our Realtor states that we don't have a lot of agents or activity where we live so this is not a surprise. Regardless, it is very frustrating.

Saturday is supposed to be nice; hopefully, we will see some activity this weekend.

Current house page - click on the link to view some pictures of our current house

5 comments:

Noey814 said...

I bet it's frustrating. I'm so sorry! Give it time, fix whatever is in your power to fix, let the rest go and give it to God. I'll say prayer for you! I am of the thinking that your place is just perfect for someone. We just have to get them there! *hugs*

Anonymous said...

WOW, one thing when it's something you can fix, but this is something you can't fix!! We have our home on the market so I feel your pain! We are lucky to have good neighbor's. We did have an agreement the first day we had it on the market, but the buyer's of their house fell through. :( HANG IN THERE, we will get our homes sold!! We have already built and moved into our new home! GS

Chelly said...

I'm sorry to hear that! :( Our neighbors do not keep up their homs either, well at least the outside. It's terrible when you work so hard to keep your yard beautiful, then your neighbors do not do their share...I hope it gets better and your house looks lovely!

Ravenna Ranter said...

OMG. Your existing house is absolutely beautiful. And pocket doors? Love it. Be patient, it will sell itself. I have _three_ abandoned/foreclosing houses next to me, and on the other side, a two bedroom townhouse with 8 people living in it. You are in good shape. :)

Anonymous said...

Your current house is beautiful. I agree with Ravenna Renter..it will sell itself. Someone is going to see it and absolutely love the house, and not really think twice about the neighbors. Do you ever talk to your neighbors? Maybe you could offer to cut their grass the next time an open house is being held? Just a thought. Good luck!!