Hello fellow bloggers. We did not purchase a garage door opener from RH and we plan to purchase 2 garage door openers and have them installed after closing. We are reaching out to our fellow bloggers for any information, suggestions, and advice.
Ryan Homes do not offer garage door openers in our development, but I've got my eye on one of these puppies. It stores power so that you can still open/close the garage door in the event of a power outage.
A Chamberlane (I didn't spell that right) 3/4 hp whisper drive!!
Quiet..super quiet!! Comes with a keypad for outside the garage door and also stores power in case of a power outage. You can pick them up at any home improvement store, and maybe sears.
We didn't get our opener through RH either. We didn't get a whisper drive like Noey mentioned. I have to say it is a bit noisy, but I never hear my DH leaving for work at 5:45 am!! LOL If we could do it over, we would get a whisper drive or whatever they call it. We did get a keypad and LOVE that feature.
In general, if you care about the noise at all, get belt driven instead of chain driven. Chain driven is cheaper though.
Good move not getting it from RH. You can get the belt driven at Lowes for about $50 less than what RH was going to charge us for chain. (Im sure it could vary by area and/or community though.)
Exactly what WodyJ said...Chamberlain belt driven is the quietest...you can get them at Lowes or Home depot and either install them yourself or have them installed for $90. Has anyone installed their own?
7 comments:
Ryan Homes do not offer garage door openers in our development, but I've got my eye on one of these puppies. It stores power so that you can still open/close the garage door in the event of a power outage.
I'll be checking back on this post, as we didn't get one through Ryan either... Sorry I can't offer any advice yet!
A Chamberlane (I didn't spell that right) 3/4 hp whisper drive!!
Quiet..super quiet!! Comes with a keypad for outside the garage door and also stores power in case of a power outage. You can pick them up at any home improvement store, and maybe sears.
We didn't get our opener through RH either. We didn't get a whisper drive like Noey mentioned. I have to say it is a bit noisy, but I never hear my DH leaving for work at 5:45 am!! LOL If we could do it over, we would get a whisper drive or whatever they call it. We did get a keypad and LOVE that feature.
GS
In general, if you care about the noise at all, get belt driven instead of chain driven. Chain driven is cheaper though.
Good move not getting it from RH. You can get the belt driven at Lowes for about $50 less than what RH was going to charge us for chain. (Im sure it could vary by area and/or community though.)
Exactly what WodyJ said...Chamberlain belt driven is the quietest...you can get them at Lowes or Home depot and either install them yourself or have them installed for $90. Has anyone installed their own?
I know I'm late, but we bought the same one that Noey mentioned from Sears.
Post a Comment