| driving up to the house |
| side view of house |
| front view of house |
| our mailbox It's going to take some time to get used to having to leave the house to get the mail. |
| foyer looking at the family room |
| Study |
| main stairs |
| foyer |
| foyer from living room |
| Solarium doors |
| Solarium |
| Dining room |
| Kitchen and Morning Room |
| Morning room |
| Morning room |
| Kitchen |
| Cook top Finally, they got it installed |
| Pantry |
| Kitchen |
| Gourmet Island |
| Kitchen |
| Family room |
| Family room view from 2nd floor |
| Family room view from 2nd floor |
| Laundry room |
| Finished Basement |
| Finished Basement |
| Finished Basement under Morning room |
| Finished basement under Solarium Daughter's play area |
| Unfinished Basement Storage |
| Basement rough-in for future shower |
| Garage |
We will try to check in after closing and after we move. Thanks to everyone for all of your support, advice, and words of wisdom that made this an enjoyable journey.
13 comments:
Crikey. Your place is enormous. You could put an ice rink in the basement or something.
WOW!! That's one HUGE house!! And it's so pretty! Congrats honey!
Congratulations...hopefully settlement goes nice and smooth. Your new HOME is beautiful and thank you for the pictures. Ours is in that covered up not quite finished state and it is frustrating to be sooo close and not see the finished product. I feel like I just got a sneak peak reveal with all your pictures. I must say...your morning room is HUGE!!! I can't wait to see your pictures after you get settled in. Again, Good Luck with settlement and the move.
Have a great closing!!! Best wishes.
WOW HW...between the living area and your basement your looking at over 6k sq ft!!! WOW thats a BIG house!! Its BEAUTIFUL!!!! Congrats!!! Have fun decorating...I would have a blast (but my wallet would probably cry :)
Oh My Freaking Gosh your house is SO nice!!!! I love it and I chose allot of your finishes so this is a great example of what I have look forward to! One of your house shots looks very Bates Motel like...scary! Only joking it looks awesome!
Question...Why is your basement not considered "living space"? Is it because you don't have a walk out?
@Carlito - Good question...I was wondering the same thing...I know for our development there is a minimum allowable square footage and the basements are counted towards that total.
@Carlito
The definition of "living space" varies. Usually, anything below ground level cannot be considered as living space; however, some basements are partially above ground, some have good-sized walkouts and some have lots of windows and so they are occasionally afforded "living space" status. Realtors will sometimes include basements as part of the living space when selling a house, but appraisers are less likely to include them.
BEAUTIFUL!!! Enjoy making your house a home! Hope the move goes smoothly for you.
Any luck selling your other house? No luck for us yet. {{{cry, cry, cry}}}
GS
Your home is absolutely beautiful and the space you have, my goodness. I haven't even started and I get excited just looking at your pictures. Hope all went well with closing and have fun decorating.
@Carlito - not sure why the finished part of the basement is not included. We were surprised to see that as well. The basement is not above ground and no we don't have a walk-out; however, we plan to add a walk-out (very similiar to BD's walk-out). If we find an answer we will let you know.
Congrats HW! Your house is so beautiful! I can only dream of having a house like yours one day! You must be so happy and excited!!! :-)
Post a Comment