This post is from HW...
As you all know, we placed our current house on the market 109 days ago. Recently, we lowered the asking price to see if that would stir up some interest, but no calls, no visits, NOTHING!!! We are now looking for a miracle to help us sell our house. Well let me just tell you what I found out at the hair salon a few weeks ago when my hair dresser mentioned to me that some people bury St. Joseph in their yard to help them sell the house. I will have to tell you, at first, I was a little sceptical, but when I got home I looked it up on Snopes.com (click on link to see more info) to find out that she is not kidding. They sell statues, a book, and kits (includes book/statue).
So yesterday, I went to the local Family Christian Store. They didn't have the kits and I didn't want to waste time to order and wait to receive a kit in the mail...
...and they didn't have the book St. Joseph My Real Estate Agent...
...so I just purchased a St. Joseph statue.
Now I am on-line trying to find out the proper way to bury the statue. Does anyone have a "St. Joseph" story or advice they would like to share?
Other sources:
St. Joseph Statue
Prayer to sell a home
The Real Estate Blogger - Instructions For Your St. Joseph Statue and Selling Your Home
The Catholic Company


8 comments:
There are apparently several methods; however, my wife said a little prayer after burying a St Joseph in the front yard upside down and facing the street on the two occasions she was selling, and got viable offers within a week each time.
I do not subscribe to these theories (I dismiss them as coincidence), but perhaps it is enough just to have something make you feel more positive.
I buried mine upside down a few inches underground in the flower bed, facing the street. I lined it up with the for sale sign, so I would know where to find it to unbury it. Our house sold after 6 days of showings, so I am certainly not going to argue with the idea behind it. :) I only had a statue too, not the kit, and he now sits on our new mantle. Good luck!!
My friend also buried one after several months of their house on the market (in a less than desirable neighborhood I might add) and the very next day they had an offer. Coincidence? Maybe...but as SCJ suggested...the peace of mind and positive feeling can't hurt.
We bought our current house from a lady buried a statue of St Joseph... She had the house on the market for like 4 months and after she did that we put a contract on the house. I grew up Catjolic and thought it was just a coincidence but I didn't know this is something you can really pray on and burry the statue... I really hope it works for you. That is so ironic that you mentioned that. That was 4 years ago!
GL HW I really hope this works! Gonna senc a prayer up tonight for you!
Wow...I think I will be getting a St. Joseph's statue...remember, we still have another house to sell.
Like you, we have a house to sell! It's been on the market for 6 months. :( Someone just mentioned to us about burying St. Joseph. We did have a contract the first day it was on the market, but the potential buyer's of our buyer's backed out of their house. We have had 2 other lowball offers.
GOOD LUCK, hope your house sell's along with all here who have a house to sell!
GS
Oh my...don't I feel silly...my lovely wife just informed me that she buried one at our previous house in NJ!!!
Us as well. No contract yet, but we do have a very interested party that we are hopeful to get an offer from this week. (fingers crossed)
True Value Hardware (Ace) in Wexford sells them
Post a Comment