Tuesday, August 2, 2011

TRIM...(PICS TAKEN 08/02)

After reading Chelly's blog last night, we got jealous when we saw the pictures of the cabinets....so we made it a point to stop by the house this morning to check out the progress of our house.  We were pleased to see that all of the walls are primed.  Also, there were worker bees every where and they were very, very, very busy.  The PM met us at the house and walked us through to show us some of the progress and to let us know what they plan to accomplish in the next few days.  We were very pleased and happy with all of the progress.  We realized when we got home that we didn't get a lot of pictures, but we plan to make another visit in a few days to take some updated pictures.

Cabinets - They were in the middle of installing the cabinets in the kitchen and the bathrooms.  Some of the hardware was also installed.  Once they are done, we will post updated pictures with hardware and counter tops.

We didn't see the crown molding on the top of the cabinets, we will follow-up with our PM to find out...we hope we got it and if we didn't we hope it is easy to add. 

Kitchen

Kitchen

Bathroom #1 (Jack/Jill)

Bathroom #2

Master Bathroom (His)


Master Bathroom (Hers)

Trim - They were in the process of installing columns, crown molding, chair railing, base boards, window sills,...you name it, it was getting done.

Master Bedroom looking into Sitting Room

Living Room looking into Dining Room

Dining Room - chair rail

Main Hallway to Family Room and Kitchen

 Doors - They installed doors in almost every room; however, we didn't take a lot of pictures.

Solarium Doors

Stairs, Handrails, and Balusters - They were in the middle of putting all of this together and staining.  We will take another picture when they are done.

Main Stairs - 2nd floor

Main Stairs - from foyer

Main Stairs - from foyer

Main Stairs and trim in foyer

Family Room Stairs

 Basement Stairs

Basement Stairs
hmmmmm, looks like we are missing a
wood baluster....we need to check on this.
Until next time...

8 comments:

Noey814 said...

OMWow!! That is amazing!! beautiful honey!!

Shara said...

Looking good! The crown moulding on the cabinets is standard in the waverly,it's just installed a little later.

Carlito said...

Nice Nice Nice!

scjessey said...

The house is coming along really well. I like the color of the wood you have chosen, and the stairs look great.

Chelly said...

Wow now I'm Jealous!!!! And they have your glass cabinet doors in! I so love this!

Everything looks great! I am so concerned on one issue in my house, I see your picture of your foyer stairs and we do not have the curved bottom on the stairs or banister railings it is a standard post. Nor do we have the same intricate trim on the staircase. In the courtland model home it looks the same as yours. We did not upgrade to get harwood on the staircase, however our sales rep nor CTI inform us that if we did not choose to have hardwood on the stairs that we would not have the same trim and all? I am so confused. What upgrade was that called on your Waverly. This is the only issue I have with RH is not being very clear what is standard and what is not, because some of these small things should really be pointed out.

Sorry for venting on your page, everything really is coming along lovely in your home, I'm just pissed that some of these things were not disclosed at our pre con meeting.

BD said...

I love all the pictures and just like when Chelly posts pics I feel like I am getting a preview of what our's will look like in a couple of weeks.

@Chelly - you have to upgrade the stairs to get the trim and the curved bottom on the stairs. The option for us was listed in the Interior Specifications section of the options sheets and is called Oak Stair w/Oak Handrail, Direct Set White Balusters. Sorry...I can see you frowning!!!

HW said...

@Chelly - No need to apologize...vent away. We also feel that it is very confusing on what is standard and what is an option. We were so confused that we meet with our RH sales rep at the Waverly model and basically made her tell us what was standard and what was an option. Also, we went through our "Option List" with a fine tooth comb and ask our RH sales rep about each option.

As BD mentioned above, the Oak Stair w/ Oak Handrail, Direct Set White Balusters is an option, we also added the Chair Rail Molding and Interior Crown Molding, along with the Interior Columns (dining/living room and master bedroom/sitting room).

It is such a tedious process, but we are glad we did it and we are sure we didn't catch everything.

We also learned a lot by reading these blogs. Thank God for the RH e-community.

Chelly said...

@ BD of course I am frowning lol!!!! On our option list I do not recall seing anthing that said handrail or direct set white balusters. The only updgrade I can think of that this would include was the runner on the stairs with hardwood. I thought that for like $1200 that seemed pretty pricey for some hardwood and a carpet runner, so I chose not to get it. I had no idea that I would have a basic handrail, I would have definitely gotten that option that is part of what makes the foyer "grand"! When you first walk in you want to feel wowed! I thought I would update the stairs later.... SMH very very hard.

We should have had our sales rep drive with us to the model and point out everything. The Courtland model was about an additional 25 minutes from our sales reps location on top of the 45 minutes it takes to get from our current house in Dumfries, VA, so we only visited it once and W/O our sales rep.

If there are any NEWBIES out there, pls, pls, pls once again go to your model home with your sales rep and your options list so that you can be clear on any and everything. If I could do it all over again that would be the very first atask on my list.

Thanks for letting me vent on your page...Our bedroom came with columns in our sitting room and I wish we would have just gottern the crown molding done as well too...we only upgraded the crown molding /tray in our master...oh well...I guess you live and you learn...this is yet another item to add to my list of "things to do" ...***sighs***

Well thank God for my e-neighbors because who knows what I wouldnt have if it weren't for you guys I might not have a ROOF! lol...j/k...but seriously these blogs have helped me tremendously! Thanks to you all!